Finally, Kernel 3.2 of Linus is here. There are many new features implemented to make it more efficient and secure. Some power saving features like display driver is also improved which may help to improve battery performance which was the major issue of Ubuntu 12.04 .
Version 3.2 also has its improvement related to Wi-Fi driver to enhance its performance along with fast readability to access EXT4 formatted file systems.
Key Features of Linux 3.2:-
- Ext4: Support for bigger block sizes (up to 1MB)
- Process bandwidth controller
- New architecture: Hexagon
- I/O-less dirty throttling, reduce filesystem writeback from page reclaim
- TCP Proportional Rate Reduction
- Improved live profiling tool “perf top”
- Cross memory attach
You can visit its official Site to get more details.